By registering for MM classes, lessons, programmes and courses or engaging our admission consultation services or any other services, you accept and agree to our General Terms and Conditions. The latest version of the General Terms and Conditions will be the one available at http://www.minimandarins.com/.
We value the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data. We pledge to comply with the requirements of all applicable data protection laws and regulations.
1. What data do we collect
For enquiries, MM collects the following data:
• Contact number
• E-Mail address
If you register for MM’s services, we will obtain additional data such as the following:
• applicant information, including your name, contact information (telephone, fax and mobile number, postal and email addresses), date of birth, information on your identification documents (such as identity card and passport);
• academic information;
• billing information, transaction and credit card information;
• records of correspondence between you and us; and
• information about your family, personal interests, experiences with our services, programmes or products.
2. How do we collect your data
We collect data and process data from you:
• when you apply for, enquire about, or receive our programmes, products or services;
• when you register to attend any of our events;
• when you correspond with us;
• when you apply to make any changes to your application and/or our services, programmes or products; and
• through this website (“http://www.minmandarins.com/”) and such other websites owned, operated and/or controlled by us.
3. How will we use your data
MM collects your data for the purposes of:
• providing our services, programmes and products to you;
• processing your application/enrolment;
• responding to your application/enrolment;
• conducting surveys, research and analysis for improvement of our services, programmes and products and our websites;
• billing purposes;
• (subject to your consent) offering you our services, programmes and products, including sending you marketing and promotional materials relating to our services, programmes and products (Please refer to 6. Marketing);
• (subject to your consent) conducting joint promotion events, including sending you marketing and promotional materials relating to the education programmes, courses, learning materials and children’s related products and services (including but not limited to newsletters, photos, videos, publications, media), information, products, services, events and/or business of MM, ARCH Education Group Limited, CTF Education Group Limited, and their holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliated organisations and entities operating in education, art, culture, hospitality, sports, insurance and social innovation services (“Affiliates”). (Please refer to 6. Marketing); and
• making such disclosures as required by law.
As each data subject’s preferences and circumstances vary, MM may collect additional information regarding the data subject throughout the engagement process. Such information collected will only be used for the above-mentioned purposes.
Please note that it is obligatory for you to provide the personal data that we request. If you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide our services, programmes and products to you.
4. How do we store your data
MM will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept secure from unauthorized disclosure or access. We use various encryption techniques to transmit via the Internet your personal data, which can only be accessed by our authorized personnel. Given the operational nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that the transmission is fully secure.
MM will retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used, and generally for a maximum period of 7 years. Once this period has expired, we will delete or erase from our systems your personal data which are no longer required, unless we are under any legal obligation to retain the same for a longer period.
5. Cross-border and cross-party transfers
Depending on the categories of services that you have registered with MM, your personal data may be shared with our corresponding office(s) or representative(s) located outside of Hong Kong to fulfil the purpose of collection. This includes without limitation to offices and representatives in the following countries:
• United States of America
• United Kingdom
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to third parties (within or outside Hong Kong) to fulfil the purpose of collection, including without limitation to:
a. any overseas educational institution;
b. any testing and educational service provider;
c. any agent, contractor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, legal, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or other services to MM; and
d. any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulators and government departments for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and protection of our legal rights.
We may also disclose and/or transfer your personal data to our Affiliates. If your personal data will be used by our Affiliates for direct marketing purposes, we will obtain your prior consent.
MM would like to use your personal data in direct marketing, including without limitation sending you information regarding our products, services, events and promotions. MM would also like to provide your personal data to its Affiliates for use in direct marketing, in particular the education programmes, courses, learning materials and children’s related products and services (including but not limited to newsletters, photos, videos, publications, media), information, products, services, events and/or business. The types of personal data MM intends to use and/or provide for direct marketing purposes include name, contact number and e-mail address.
Please note that we may not so use or provide your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we have received your consent. At the time of collection of personal data, you will be given the opportunity to give your consent / indication of no objection to the proposed use and/or provision of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have consented to the use and/or provision of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may always opt out at a later date by contacting us through our contact details at section 10. How to contact us.
7. What are your rights as a data subject
MM would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your rights as a data subject. You are entitled to the following:
The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed about MM’s collection and use of your personal data.
The right to access – You have the right to request MM for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MM correct any personal information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MM to complete personal information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MM erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MM restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MM’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MM transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond to you within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please find our contact details at 10. How to contact us
8. Privacy policies of other websites
10. How to contact us
a. by post, to: Mini Mandarins (HK) Limited
202-205, 2/F Wilson House, 19-27 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong.
b. using our website contact form at http://www.minimandarins.com/contact-us;
c. by telephone, on + 852 2320 1128 from 10am to 7pm (Except Sundays); or
d. by email, to [email protected]
Last update 30 November 2022